On 18 October 2021, NLD AFM compliance with ESMA market data guidelines.
- NLD AFM announced compliance with ESMA guidelines for MiFID2/MIFIR market data.
- Follows ESMA August 2021 translated guidelines on MiFID II/MiFIR duties.
- Guidelines will ensure better and uniform application of the MiFID II/MiFIR obligations.
- The guidelines apply to national competent authorities, trading venues, approved publication arrangements, consolidated tape providers and systematic internalizers.
- Ensure uniform interpretation of obligations for pre-trade/post-trade transparency.
- Includes obligation to provide market data on reasonable commercial terms and to make the market data available free of charge 15 minutes after publication.
- The guidelines apply to entities including trading platforms; providers of approved publication arrangements (APAs); consolidated tape providers (CTPs).
- And to systematic internalizers (SIs) investment firms (except chapter 5.8).
- ESMA MiFID II/MiFIR obligations on market data guidelines apply from 1 January 2022.