- SK FSC announced partial amendment to capital market research business regulations.
- As stock market volatility has increased, so has the need to strengthen investor protection, as well as improve the effectiveness of penalties for disclosure violations.
- Rate of imposition of penalties on collective investment securities is newly established.
- New standards for imposing penalties are added so that unfair gains due to avoidance of public offering regulations can be taken into account even for directors of business.
- Penalties may be increased for repeated violations and long-term reporting delays.
- Fines for unlisted companies who routinely violate obligation to submit regular reports.
- Opinions on this matter should be submitted by 3 April 2021.