- HK SFC issued consultation paper on proposed changes to the position limit regime.
- Proposed changes address recent developments in Hong Kong's securities and futures markets, and align the requirements with HK SFC’s regulatory policies and objectives.
- Follows May 2017, HK SFC said new position limit regime effective June.
- One of the key proposals sets out how the statutory prescribed limits and reporting requirements should be applied to unit trusts and sub-funds under an umbrella fund.
- As well as reportable positions in contracts traded on holiday trading days, inclusion of a broader range of contracts which may be authorized by SFC for excess positions.
- Comments shall be submitted no later than 27 June 2022.