On 9 June 2020, HK SFC proposed changes to the code on REITs.
- Amend code on REITs to provide HK REITs with more flexibility in making investments.
- Allows REITs to make investments in minority-owned properties and in property development projects in excess of the existing limit of 10% of gross asset value (GAV).
- As well as increasing the borrowing limit for REITs from 45% to 50% of GAV.
- Also to align requirements for REITs connected party and notifiable transactions with requirements for listed companies, in line with existing policy and practices.
- The public is invited to submit comments until 10 August 2020.