On 4 February 2020, IND SEBI updated on common application form for FPIs.
- Issued circular on common application form (CAF) for foreign portfolio investors (PFIs)
- 27 January 2020, IND GVT notified common application form (CAF) for FPI registration.
- And for allotment of permanent account number (PAN) and KYC for opening account.
- Applicants seeking FPI registration are required to fill CAF and annexure to CAF and provide supporting documents, applicable fees for SEBI registration, issuance of PAN.
- Other intermediaries dealing with FPIs may rely on the information in CAF for KYC.
- Designated depository participants may continue to accept in–transit FPI registration applications, for a period of 60 days from date of issuance of this circular.
- Received in the form prescribed in operational guidelines issued on 5 November 2019.