On 2 July 2021, VIE SEC issued circular on activities in the stock market.
- VIE SEC informed of VIE GVT circular guiding the obligations of organizations and individuals on foreign investment activities on the Vietnamese stock market.
- Guides the implementation of article 138 of decree no. 155/2020/ND-CP, detailing the implementation of the law on securities on the obligations of foreign investors.
- Details how foreign investors may open indirect investment capital account, securities depository account, and obligations in their investment activities on the stock market.
- As well as securities firms' obligations in providing services to foreign investors.
- Also covers the reporting regime; which entities need to make reports, and deadlines.
- This circular takes effect from 16 August 2021; replaces circular no. 123/2015/TT-BTC.