On 16 March 2022, the SEC issued proposal in federal register, comments by 26 April 2022.
Proposed Rule 13f-2 and Proposed Form SHO
- Rule 13f-2 designed to provide greater transparency via publication of short selling data.
- By requiring manager to file report in structured data language, using two information tables on proposed Form SHO; managers would file proposed Form SHO in EDGAR.
- Must publish within 14 calendar days after end of each calendar month for each equity security that manager and all accounts over which manager has investment discretion.
- For each equity security in which manager meets reporting threshold, required to file proposed Form SHO via EDGAR within 14 calendar days after end of calendar month.
- Public disclosure of certain short sal information at minimum will occur every month.
- Consistent with Reg SHO, proposed Rule 13f-2 would apply to equity securities.
- As such, short selling related data that would be published would provide additional context to market participants on equity securities subject to Reg SHO requirements.