On 3 May 2022, Thai SEC revised its takeover rules to simplify the process and increase flexibility in delivering documents to shareholders electronically.
- The requirement for the offeror to submit a copy of the tender offer and related reports to the Stock Exchange of Thailand has been repealed.
- Cancellation of the advertisement of the tender offer in newspapers for reducing the burden on the offeror and increase flexibility in delivering documents to shareholders.
- Investors can also follow the tender offer information on the Thai SEC website.
- Cancellation of filing of reports, waiver requests and other documents related to takeover rules in printed form by submitting documents in electronic form only.
- These changes have been made as part of the regulatory guillotine project, which is a review of current legislation; the aforesaid rules are effective from 1 May 2022.