On 18 September 2020, Thai SEC removed the restrictions on holding of investment units to reduce obstacles in expanding mutual fund size and compliance burden on businesses.
- Cancels restrictions on allocation and transfer of investment units, changes reporting requirements and amends the percentage of unit-holders holding investment units.
- The management company must not count the votes in respect of any person holding more than one-third of the total investment units sold of the mutual fund.
- They must also disclose information in the event that the unit-holders hold more than one-third of the total sold investment units in the prospectus and accounting reports.
- When applying for approval to establish mutual fund from 1 October 2020, management company must submit a certificate of establishment and management of mutual funds.
- This will be in the form specified by the SEC and submitted through the OFAM system.