On 18 March 2022, Thai SEC updated securities/derivatives merger/takeovers/acquistion rules.
- Thai SEC updated criteria for securities and derivatives operator mergers/takeovers/acquisitions.
- Follows Thai SEC August 2020, issued rules on mergers, takeovers, and acquisitions.
- Securities/derivatives business operators can apply for a license or pre-registration request to enable merged firms' continued operations once incorporation is complete.
- Will enable companies resulting from mergers to conduct business and automatically transfer customers over, also enables investors to use services and make transactions.
- Announced in Government Gazette on 11 February 2022, applies to all mergers types.
- Applications can be submitted from 17 March 2022.