On 28 February 2022, Thai SEC revised the definitions for institutional investors.
- Thai SEC revised the definitions used for large and extra large institutional investor.
- Revision provides investors with access to more diverse fundraising and investments.
- Definitions will include those investors who have the ability to analyze and take risks in complex or very high-risk products, such as institutional investors, investment analyst.
- It also includes venture capital, private equity, angel investor, and business contacts.
- For high net worth investors, the qualifications of the financial position are relaxed.
- Additional principles have been added to consider investors' knowledge or experience.
- The issuance of the above criteria will be effective from 1 October 2022.