On 10 January 2023, TAI TSA said TAI FSC amended rules on foreign securities.
- TAI TSA informed members re TAI FSC amendment on regulations governing securities firms accepting orders to trade foreign securities to protect investors' interest.
- Considered differences between public acquisitions of U.S. stocks and mini-tender offers where buyer reserves right to extend acquisition / takeover time/revise price/limit exit.
- May cause damage to rights/interests of investors; amend rules to protect investors.
- Securities firms are limited to public acquisitions re tender offer notifications.
- If investors request to participate non-public acquisition, the firm shall disclose risks.
- The amendment is effective immediately.