On 11 January 2022, TAI FSC proposed amendments re shareholding ratio.
- TAI FSC proposed amendments to securities and exchange act re major shareholding.
- Lower the threshold for the declaration of substantial shareholding, from 10% to 5%.
- To allow sufficient time to prepare and respond to amendments of relevant supporting laws and regulations, a transition period of one year has also been proposed.
- Raise the upper limit of fines for securities firms, securities service firms, and other securities-related firms, that have not fully implemented internal control systems.
- Major shareholding Consultation paper will be published soon; consultation will last 60 days from then.