On 28 March 2023, SWI SBA showed support for Credit Suisse/UBS takeover.
- SWI SBA Chairman Marcel Rohner and deputy CEO August Benz commented on the current situation of the Swiss financial center during a media conference on 21 March.
- Follows SWI GVT, SWI CB, FINMA March 2023 approved UBS/CS takeover.
- SWI SBA said the takeover is best possible solution under challenging circumstances.
- Decision made for the benefit of the Swiss financial center and strengthens confidence.
- Solution would ensure stability of financial center; no taxpayer money to be used.
- SWI SBA is behind TBTF regulation: created prerequisites for Credit Suisse crisis.
- It also contributes to the very stable position of the Swiss financial center overall.
- In Switzerland, capital and liquidity requirements apply and the banks are correspondingly very well capitalized, stable and enjoy a high level of trust overall.