On 28 April 2023, SWI SBA updated on Credit Suisse takeover implications.
- SWI SBA updated on assessment of the implications of the Credit Suisse takeover.
- Follows SWI SBA March 2023 showed support for Credit Suisse takeover.
- Takeover by UBS and measures taken by Swiss authorities were a drastic event for the Swiss financial center; SWI able to create stability with targeted, effective measures.
- At same time, from SWI SBA point of view, it is clear that an independent, complete and open-ended review of the events involving all relevant stakeholders is required.
- It can understand emotional nature of debate and questions raised by the takeover.
- Also the related concerns so it is committed to open-ended review of the events and government measures, if necessary, with Parliamentary Commission of Inquiry (PUK).
- As precise understanding of processes is the necessary basis for recommendations for improving regulation and determining responsibilities.
- Stability and prosperity of Swiss financial center are central to entire Swiss economy.
- In topic page comments on solution found, on current political transactions, questions.
- It further recalls the topic page is continuously updated.