On 27 December 2022, ESP GVT issued Royal Decree - Law (RDL) 20/2022 extending the temporary FDI controls.
- Measures to support citizens and companies regarding energy, food, transportation, the gas-intensive industry, economic and financial stability and social protection.
- Further extension by 2 years of the temporary foreign direct investments (FDI) control procedure which will be applicable to EU and EFTA residents up until 31 December 2024.
- The threshold for authorization remains 10% or more of the share capital, or control.
- The RDL clarified that the acquisition / takeover of a part of a company is also qualified as FDI.
- RDL's provisions entered into force on the day of its publication, being 28 December 2022.