On 10 March 2020, SK FSC announced government regulations on short-selling.
- SK GVT to tighten regulations on stock short-selling for 3 months beginning 10 March in response to recent market volatility; lower bar for overheated short-selling stocks.
- In KOSPI market, an issue will be designated overheated short-selling stock if price falling rate is 5% or higher and short selling trading volume of 3 times above average.
- In KOSDAQ, short-selling trading volume standard lowered to 2 times above average.
- Stocks with price falling rate of 20% or more designated as overheated short-selling stock if increase in trade volume is 2 times (KOSPI) and 1.5 times (KOSDAQ) average.
- Short-selling ban on designated stocks extended from 1 to 10 trading days (2 weeks).