On 24 August 2020, RUS EXC announced start of trading in foreign stocks.
- RUS EXC began trading in foreign equities on 24 August 2020, admitting 20 stocks from S&P 500 Index, 19 stocks available for trading in main and after-hours trading sessions.
- Apple stock to be added 7 September 2020, with delayed launch due to its upcoming stock split.
- In next stage (expected 4Q 2020), stocks list expanded to 50, more added in future.
- Foreign stocks will be traded and settled in rubles within RUS EXC infrastructure.
- Includes qualified central counterparty/central securities depository record-keeping.
- Dividends will be set in the currency of the issuer, i.e. in USD for U.S. securities.
- Foreign stocks settled like Russian, 2 days post trade date/full collateral not required.
- Risk parameters for foreign stocks are available on the Moscow Exchange website.
- Leading Russian brokerages will act as market makers to provide securities liquidity.
- Individual investors may submit Form W-8 to report income from U.S. securities sales.