On 9 February 2019, NLD EA announced increase in foreign firm investment.
- 372 foreign firms such as Giant, Timberland, DAZN provided 9,847 jobs in 2018.
- Together accounted for 2.85 billion euros in investments in the Dutch economy.
- Whilst in 2017, 357 foreign companies invested €1.67 billion in the Netherlands.
From Head Offices to R & D
- In 2018 the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) attracted 248 foreign investors to the Netherlands, which together account for €2.76 bn in investments.
- Most jobs in head offices (2,259), marketing & sales offices (1,834), distribution centers (1,053), service centers (977), production sites (884) R & D offices (755).
- Most foreign jobs are, like in 2017, created by companies from the United States.
- In 2018, this involved 3,185 jobs, which involved 1.19 billion euros in investment.
- Next is UK (1,596 jobs), China (614 jobs), Japan (580 jobs), Germany (300 jobs).
- In 2018, invest in Holland collective attracted 42 firms in connection with Brexit.
- This accounted for 1,923 jobs and an amount of EUR 291 million in investments.
- For example Japanese investment bank Norinchukin, media company TVT Media indicated that they were expanding the office in the Netherlands because of Brexit.
- Financial service providers MarketAxess, Azimo and maritime insurer UK P & I Club, announced last year that due to Brexit they are opening offices in the Netherlands.
- In 2019, Discovery, Bloomberg announced expansion in Netherlands due to Brexit.
- 250 foreign companies are considering branches in the Netherlands following Brexit.