On 15 May 2020, AIMA responded to Dutch UBO register for non-corporate entities.
- Companies and legal entities to be obliged in 2020 to register their indirect owners.
- The name and economic interest of the UBO to be made public through the register.
- Bill implementing the UBO register was submitted to Lower House on 4 April 2019.
- Introduction of UBO register is an implementation of amendments to fourth EU AMLD.
- The purpose of register is to combat financial and economic crime, such as money laundering and terrorist financing through transparency about ultimate stakeholder.
- Ie natural person who, whether or not behind scenes, pulls the strings at company.