- MEX GVT Conamer issued draft agreement amending rules on foreign investments.
- Follows MEX GVT June 2020 draft rules on procedures before registry.
- Aims to permanently offer promoters use of email as additional option for presentation and monitoring of legal procedures in foreign investment related matters.
- Resolution of which falls within competence of Foreign Investment General Directorate.
- Rules seek to prevent contingencies or possible failures in the Legal Affairs System.
- Also to ensure continuity in substantiation of such matters, fulfillment of the said unit functions and the Ministry of the Economy's operation in foreign investment matters.
- Amends articles first and seventh and Annex II; and adds Annex III to the Agreement establishing Legal Affairs System for Foreign Investment, rules for its use of March 2017.
- The agreement will enter into force upon official publication; ongoing procedures at that date will follow provisions in force on commencement date until their conclusion.