On 18 July 2023, LIC FMA updated on lowered notification threshold for net positions.
- EC reviewed short selling reporting threshold appropriateness, amended Reg 236/2012 (SSR).
- EU Reg 2022/27 permanently changes the threshold for reporting significant net short selling in shares to competent authorities from 0.2% to 0.1%.
- Art 5(2) Reg 236/2012 replaced: reporting threshold is 0.1% and thereafter at intervals of 0.1% of issued share capital of the company concerned.
- Reporting threshold does not apply to shares whose main trading venue is in a third country (art 18 SSR) or to market-making or stabilization transactions (art 17 SSR).
- The change will come into force in Liechtenstein on 1 August 2023.