On 2 September 2021, ISR TASE proposed changes to guidelines on short selling.
- ISR TASE issued draft document outlining amendments to guidelines on short sales.
- Delete the definitions lender member and borrowing member, correct the definitions sale missing, lender and borrower, and add a definition to missing balance.
- Amend definition of short sale so a customer who borrowed a security from a member and transferred it to another will be considered as a short selling customer.
- Updates to the wording of instructions relating to the borrowing method.
- Currently a member must cover a short created as a result of a mistake within 2 trading days; ISR TASE may extend the period by an additional 8 trading days.
- Comments are invited by 29 September 2021.