On 7 May 2020, IRE CCPC said simplified notification regime from 2020.
- IRE CCPC announced Simplified Merger Notification Procedure from 1 July 2020.
- Simplified merger notification procedure will not replace the current procedure, but will facilitate more efficient review of mergers that do not raise competition concerns.
- Simplified procedure will shorten review periods for mergers or acquisitions which do not raise significant competition concerns, with positive impact for businesses.
- New regime will reduce business time/resource as no need for notifying parties to provide certain information when filing mergers devoid of major competition concerns.
- The Simplified Merger Notification Procedure Regime will commence on 1 July 2020.