On 3 February 2020, IND SEBI proposed amendments to regulations.
- The aim of the discussion paper is to seek feedback from the public on the proposed amendments in SEBI (substantial acquisition of shares and takeovers) regulations.
- Completion of acquisition through stock exchange settlement process for all types of deals including bulk and block deals during the open offer period.
- Depositing 100% escrow in case of open offers made pursuant to indirect acquisitions.
- Must be deposited two days before the DPS, in form of cash or bank guarantee.
- It is proposed that in cases of delay on open offer, a revised open offer price may be calculated after addition of interest (10%) and that this is paid to all the shareholders.
- These issues have been discussed in meeting of primary market advisory committee, wherein it was decided to seek public comments before carrying out changes.
- Comment period ends 2 March 2020.