On 14 February 2023, IND SEBI amended infrastructure investment trusts rules.
- IND SEBI issued the infrastructure investment trusts amendment regulations, 2023.
- Amend SEBI infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) regulations, 2014, which are now renamed SEBI (infrastructure investment trusts) regulations, 2020.
- Amendments are made to clauses concerning changes in control of ownership or in controlling interests, and indirect or direct relationships with InvITs' directors.
- New provisions are inserted regarding the terms of appointing an individual or firm as auditor, and obligation of the auditor to undertake a limited review of the audit of all entities or companies whose accounts are to be consolidated with the accounts of the InvIT.
- A new chapter is inserted on the application (with modifications) of the SEBI (listing obligations and disclosure requirements) regulations 2015, to the InvIT regulations.
- The regulations come into force on the date of their publication in the official gazette, subject to proviso that regulation 3(1) and (6) come into force on 1 April 2023.