On 8 July 2021, GRE HCMC stressed need to comply with EU regulations.
- GRE HCMC emphasized the need of market participants to comply with EU regulations on short sales, following GRE HCMC's previous announcement on 22 April 2021.
- Follows ESMA April 2020 issued positive opinions on ban extensions
- Market participants must comply with ITS Reg 827/2012 re short selling regulation.
- GRE HCMC also noted that for share capital increase, the timetable for admission of new shares to trading on GRE EXC published in relevant prospectus is indicative, not binding, as it is subject to approval by GRE EXC stock markets steering committee.
- Thus, until GRE EXC committee approval for admission of new shares to trading, investors may not assume shares allocated following exercise of subscription rights will be available for settlement of short sales conducted before aforementioned approval.
- Short sales where the settlement has not been ensured, are not permitted while penalties will be imposed in case of non-compliance of the EU short selling regulation.