On 30 April 2020, FR GVT adapted rules on investments during Covid.
- FR GVT adapted control of foreign investments in France (IEF), during the Covid crisis.
- Minister of Economy and Finance announced the adaptation of a procedure on 29 April 2020.
Foreign Direct Investment
- First, long-term inclusion of biotechnologies in critical technologies list for IEF control.
- Achieved through an order of 27 April 2020 relating to foreign investments in France.
- Second, by lowering of the shareholding threshold to 10%, until the end of the year.
- Going over 10% of voting rights in sensitive companies, will trigger authorization procedure, for listed companies, and investors from third countries, except EU, EEA
- Text lowering the threshold will be submitted to the State Council in the coming days.
- It should become applicable during the 2nd half of 2020.