On 27 January 2023, Solutions Atlantic released its Global Shareholding Sanctions Year in Review findings.
Through an examination of sanctions data from 27 countries here are the key takeaways:
- India, Germany, Sweden and the USA issued the most global shareholding disclosure fines.
- Major shareholding reporting failures make up the bulk of the sanctions.
- Year-over-year the average amount of fines rose 77%.
- Germany issued the largest major shareholding fine at $5.3M.
- Sweden issued the largest short selling fine at $10M.