On 20 March 2023, EBRD said it would be Procredit Holding core shareholder.
- EBRD will become a core shareholder in ProCredit Holding AG & Co. KGaA subject to regulatory approval, acquiring an additional 5%, bringing total shareholding to 8.7%.
- ProCredit Holding is parent company of the development-oriented ProCredit Group with subsidiaries in 10 EBRD economies; created in 2003, headquartered in Frankfurt.
- Will also support business strategy, governance, collaborate on furthering its climate mitigation practices and align business/financial flows with Paris Agreement goals.
- EBRD will also acquire 9.9% stake in management firm, ProCredit General Partner AG.
- As a new core shareholder, will support ProCredit Holding's transformation to an open joint stock company while preserving impact orientation, as announced in October 2022.
- EBRD said ProCredit is a key partner in supporting SMEs in 10 central/south-eastern Europe economies and they would work together for a greener, resilient SME sector.