On 17 March 2021, DEN FSA reported net short position holders decision end.
- DEN FSA noted ESMA's temporary decision on the threshold for notifying short positions expires 19 March 2021, as GDP forecasts show some optimism for recovery.
- Follows ESMA March 2021 ended decision on holders of net short positions.
Net Short Position Threshold
- Decision of 16 March 2020 temporarily required holders of net short positions in shares, traded on EU regulated market, to notify NCA if the position reaches or exceeds 0.1%.
- DEN FSA informed that, from 20 March 2021, notifiable threshold will be 0.2% again.
- This means last reporting where lower 0.1% threshold applies will be in relation to positions as of 19 March 2021, to be reported to DEN FSA by 15:30 CET 22 March 2021.
- It will not be necessary to report outstanding net short position between 0.1%-0.2%.
- 0.2% notification threshold for net short positions in shares in force on 20 March 2021.