On 6 May 2021, AST FIRB updated its website to reflect new reforms.
- Updated website reflects reforms to Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975.
- Follows AST GVT June 2020 reform on foreign investment framework.
- Website redesigned to make it easier for investors and other stakeholders to navigate.
- New menus with information regarding national security and compliance & reporting.
- Consolidated and updated guidance to reflect reformed legislation and regulations.
- Investors can now give notification of actions taken via a form on the FIRB website.
- New fees for foreign investment applications and notices apply on/after 1 January 2021.
- S. 113 of Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975 sets out when fees are payable.
- If notice of a notifiable action was given in the approved manner prior to 1 January 2021, the fee payable will be the fee specified in the pre-1 January fee schedule.