On 1 October 2021, AST ASIC issued rules on securities lending arrangements.
- AST ASIC issued ASIC corporations (securities lending arrangements) instrument StIn 2021/821 which makes modifications to ASTCA S 608, 609, 671B.
- In order to grant relief in relation to reporting substantial shareholdings, for certain entities involved in securities lending as part of their financial services business.
- At same time also issued ASIC corporations (repeal) instrument StIn 2021/820 which repeals ASIC Class Order (CO 11/272), which was due to sunset on 1 October 2021.
- ASIC granted declaratory relief in ASIC corporations (securities lending arrangements) Instrument 2021/821 on substantially similar terms to that previously in CO 11/272.
- Both instruments are in force on 30 September 2021; 2021/821 is repealed on 1 October 2026.