On 3 December, FR GVT issued law on authorized foreign investments.
- Decree dated 29 November 2018 on foreign investments subject to prior authorization.
- Amends art. R. 153 of monetary and financial code, re prior authorization process.
- Extends process to new economic sectors essential to guarantee French security.
- New sectors include cybersecurity, AI, robotics, IT systems for police and customs.
- Space operations, armaments, nuclear, defense, law enforcement, dual-use goods.
- It also completes the grounds for refusing foreign investment, allows target firms
to submit an application to determine if the transaction is subject to authorization.
- In force 1 January 2019, except Art R. 153-7 amends by Art. 6, in force 4 December 2018 in France, 14 December in French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna Islands.