On 6 May 2022, SEC Chair Gensler speech market transparency, resiliency.
- SEC Chair Gensler gave a speech at Annual Conference on Financial Market Regulation, titled A Century with a Gold Standard which covered market efficiency, and resiliency.
- Discuss how SEC can update rules (shareholding, short selling) related to disclosure and transparency.
- Cited SEC proposed rules to mandate climate-related, cybersecurity-related disclosures by public firms; transparency proposal re SPACs.
- Other transparency projects relate to short selling, stock buybacks, stock loan market.
- Focus on asset management, including MMFs, open-end bond funds, and private funds.