On 12 November 2018, Thailand TSC refined definition of major shareholder.
- Amended the definition of major shareholders so "Number of shares with voting
rights" means the "number of voting rights" from this date to improve clarity.
- "Major Shareholder" means a person who holds shares in a securities company,
whether directly or indirectly, more than 10% of total number of voting shares.
- Some shareholders may have more or less voting rights which can be contrary to
principle of oversight of major shareholders when want supervise those in control.
- Therefore, the TSC has the idea to improve definition of term major shareholder.
- Comments can be provided until 7 December 2018.