On 8 September 2022, TAI TPEX, TAI EXC amended the operational measures.
- TAI TPEX, TAI EXC amended operating rules for securities firms handling margin purchases and short selling of securities to align with revision of the civil code.
- Also amended the contract for the handling securities margin purchases/ short selling.
- Follows TAI FSC letter dated 5 September 2022 regarding the operating measures.
- Revised the maximum cap of interest rate to 16% per annum according to civil code.
- Add term when trading of beneficiary certificates is suspended, TAI EXC/TAI TPEX shall announce suspending of its margin trading/securities lending; revised related terms.
- Operating schedule is revised to review on the 5th business day after the basic market condition report is revealed; announcement will be resumed from next business day.
- The amendments are effective immediately.