On 15 March 2021, SWE FI said temporary lowering of limit ceases soon.
- SWE FI said temporary lowering of limit to notify short net position ceases on 19 March 2021.
- Follows SWE FI February 2021 reminded market of the rules for short selling.
- Follows ESMA March 2021 will not renew decision on net short positions.
- ESMA not extending decision on reporting net short net position to national regulators.
- Last reporting made according to reduced threshold includes positions as of 19 March 2021.
- These position must be reported to SWE FI no later than 22 March 2021 at 15.30 hours.
- As of 20 March 2021, threshold of 0.2% of issuer's issued share capital again applies to issuers whose shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market.
- Notification must also be made for each step of 0.1% above, both up and down.
- Outstanding positions between 0.1-0.2% do not need to be reported.
- No change for shares admitted to trading on MTF, the threshold of 0.2% still applies.
- Notification changes take effect on 20 March 2021.