On 29 June 2023, Liechtenstein FMA issued rules amending Securities Regulations.
- Amends the Securities Regulations 876/2007 on net short selling.
- Follows EFTA June 2023 confirmed EEA JC decision entered in force.
- Change impacts Reg 876/2007 S3-9, now on Implementation of Regulation 2022/27.
- EEA Agreement Annex IX 29f Regulation 2022/27 (on adjustment of relevant threshold for reporting significant net short selling in shares) applies as regulation with adaptations following from Annex IX, Protocol 1 to agreement, agreement in general.
- Per the above-mentioned change, the current section 3-9 becomes new section 3-10.
- This new regulation enters into force on 1 August 2023.