On 12 May 2022, IND NSD issued circular on operating guidelines changes.
- IND NSD issued circular dated 11 May, on modified operational guidelines for foreign portfolio investors, designated depository participants, eligible foreign investors.
- Follows IND SEBI 29 April 2022 circular on modification of guidelines.
FPI Registration Number
- Operational guidelines amended to require designated depository participant to grant the certificate of registration, bearing registration number generated by SEBI.
- Paragraph pertaining to name change also amended re issue of registration certificate.
- Clarifies that IND NSD has integrated its FPI Registration portal and system hosted at SEBI; no change in the process with regard to the grant of registration to FPI.
- Changes take effect from 9 May 2022.