On 9 September 2021, IND FIA updated eligible securities for September 2021.
- IND FIA updated on the eligible securities for the short selling of the Government of India liquid securities applicable for the month of September 2021, from 5 September to 4 October.
- As per RBI guidelines, banks/PDs can short sell eligible IND GVT securities up to the regulatory limit, which is 2% of the outstanding stock or INR 500 Cr for liquid.
- Or 1% of the outstanding stock or INR250 Cr whichever is higher for illiquid securities.
- The liquid securities are selected based on total traded volume in the entire previous month of INR 5000 crore plus, and number of trades in previous month of 1000 plus.
- Based on stock outstanding as of 30 August 2021, security wise short selling limits are outlined in annexure, and can be done on NDS-OM platform and in OTC market.