On 14 November 2023, HKEX issued circular on ETP short selling turnover.
- HKEX enhanced dissemination of exchange traded product (ETP) short selling turnover.
- Most short ETP selling activities are conducted for liquidity provision by market maker.
- The short positions of ETPs are generally closed out within a short period of time.
- The enhancement will provide a more precise understanding of short selling activities.
- The total ETP short selling turnover will be added to the daily quotations for both main board and GEM and the short selling turnover today disseminated on HKEX website.
- The enhancement will be effective from 20 November 2023.