On 22 June 2021, GE PRL announced submission of the final report into Wirecard.
- Investigation into the behavior of GE GVT in connection with the incidents re Wirecard.
- Concluded that the Finance Ministry failed to detect fraud that cost investors millions.
- The report will be the subject of a one hour debate in the GE PRL, on 25 June 2021.
- Head of BaFin financial supervision Felix Hufeld confirmed Wirecard still under scrutiny.
- Follows GE BaFin February 2019 issued 2-month short selling ban in Wirecard.
- Noted that, as a listed company, Wirecard is not subject to ongoing BaFin supervision.
- Thus BaFin has no authority to approve management appointments or raise objections.
- BaFin is currently analyzing with high priority a special audit report produced by KPMG.
- BaFin will also consider whether report contains statements as to whether Wirecard withheld information that is subject to publication or it provided incorrect information.