On 16 March 2020, GE BaFin reduced reporting for net short positions.
- Follows, ESMA March 2020 issued decision on net short position holders.
- ESMA has lowered the reporting limit for net short positions in shares to 0.1 percent.
- Reduction in reporting limit is a precautionary step related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It will grant exceptions to institutions that are involved in market-making activities.
- BaFin advised firms that publication threshold of 0.5 percent, will remain unchanged.
- The new reporting requirement for net short positions can be done via the MVP Portal.
- The ESMA measure enters into force on 16 March 2020 and will be valid for 3 months.