- ESMA updated FAQs document regarding investor protection under MIFID II rules.
- Follows December 2019, updated FAQs on investor protection in MiFID II.
- New FAQs provide clarification on sales of subordinated eligible liabilities, assessment of suitability, if art 44a BRRD 2 should apply only if there is active offering by the firm.
- Also on information to be collected from clients to comply with art 44a(1), 44a(2) BRRD 2, calculation of 10% threshold of art 44a(2)(a) BRRD 2.
- What happens if transaction re subordinated eligible liabilities deemed unsuitable by firm but retail client wishes to proceed, 10% threshold monitoring art 44a(2)a BRRD 2.