On 17 October, BaFin proposed rules on MiFIR post-trade transparency.
- Covers post-trade transparency obligations for debt, equity and derivative trades.
- MiFIR requires securities companies to report on debt and derivative transactions.
- There is exemption from the general obligation if authorized by national regulator.
- BaFin stated delayed publication is suitable means of balancing legitimate interests.
- Waives requirement to publish limited details of several transactions in aggregate.
- But reserves the right to revoke the exemption at any time if not in public interest.
- Comments due by 14 November 2017.