Majority of fund managers see upcoming regulatory environment demanding more time, says Northern Trust survey.
Close to 70 per cent of fund manager clients, prospective clients and consultants attending a Northern Trust event on regulation believe that the upcoming regulatory environment will demand more of their time, compared with time spent over the past year. Read more
SWITZERLAND: FINMA has issued a press release announcing changes to the reporting requirement for parties with power to exercise Full Press Release
- Modified reporting for the discretionary power to exercise infrastructure voting rights.
- To define who has the duty to notify positions held, on behalf of third party investors.
- Obligation with anyone who has the discretionary power to exercise the voting rights.
- In ordinance on financial market infrastructure and conduct in securities, derivatives.
- Person who decides on exercise of delegated voting right, is also subject to reporting.
- Alternatively, reporting can be consolidated by controlling person for controlled units.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1 March 2017