On 6 May 2019, CHI SAFE issued update on needs of foreign investors.
- In April 2019, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange approved 9 qualified
foreign institutional investors (QFII) with their investment quotas totaling $4.2bn.
- Approved 5 RMB qualified foreign institutional investors investment of 9.7bn yuan.
- So far, a total of 13 QFII investment quotas have been approved this year totaling
$4.74bn, exceeding 2018 amount and 12 RQFII investment quotas of 24bn yuan.
- China's determination to expand its opening up to the outside world and series of
reform measures promoted made it's financial market attractive to foreign capital.
- China's stock market and bond market have been included in global important
indexes, which also makes foreign capital have strong allocation requirements.
- In the first quarter of 2019, foreign institutions netted China's stocks by $19.4bn.
- The State Administration of Foreign Exchange will continue to actively support the expansion of the financial market to open up to the outside world, to meet the
expanding investment needs of foreign investors in China's financial market.