On 3 August 2018, HKEX updated the designated securities eligible for short selling.
- 25 additional securities will be eligible for short selling and 48 existing designated
securities will be removed from the list. The total number will be 946 after this.
On 19 July 2018, GE BaFin issued final position limits, taking effect on 20 July 2018.
- Italian power future (peak), Panamax-TC-Freight Future, Panamax-TC-Freight Option.
- There were no changes from the draft position limits which were issued in June 2018.
- Italian power: 5,340,219 MWh for spot month, 1,045,510 MWh for the other months.
- Panamax: fixed at 4,049 lots for the spot month and 4,049 lots for the other months.
On 13 July 2018, HK SFC, gazetted amendments to codes on mergers, takeovers.
- Released consultation conclusions and respondents were generally supportive of
proposals, majority of which were adopted with some modifications from feedback.
- The amended codes which were gazetted on 13 July, will be effective immediately.
Key Proposals from Original Consultation:
- Increase voting approval threshold for whitewash waivers to 75% of shareholders.
- Panel to require compensation be paid to shareholders who suffered from breach.
- Clarify the obligations of persons dealing with the Takeovers Executive, Takeovers
Panel and the Takeovers Appeal Committee in all Codes transactions, cooperation.
- Also sets out proposed amendments to the term “associate” as well as approval
of delistings in jurisdictions which do not afford the compulsory acquisition rights.