On 29 March 2022, UK GVT issued rules on content of notification forms.
- UK GVT issued the National security and investment act 2021 (prescribed form and content of notices and validation applications) (amendment) regulations 2022.
- Follows UK GVT December 2021 issued rules on NSI notification service forms.
- Correct errors identified by Joint committee on statutory instruments in its 22nd report of 2021-2022 by amending National security and investment act 2021 (prescribed form and content of notices and validations applications) regulations 2021.
- 2021 regulations set out content of National security and investment act 2021 notification forms; there are three types of notification form used to notify UK GVT of acquisitions under the National Security and Investment notification system.
- Includes mandatory notification form which is a legal obligation for parties to fill out for certain acquisitions; without the corrections, the existing regulations may be unclear.
- Particularly to external parties who are legally obligated to notify using these forms.
- In schedules 1, 2 national infrastructure is replaced with national infrastructure sector.
- In schedule 3 critical national infrastructure is replaced with national infrastructure sector.
- The regulations are in force on 20 April 2022.